When it comes to dating, and especially going for that first time date, it isn’t just women who have to worry about what to wear, how will the other party think of me, how will we get along, will there be a second date? Men too face the same problems and will occasionally do with some guidance and advice on how to go about it. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could read a single article or book and know all there is to know about women, dating, and relationships in general? Sadly, it never works that way.
When dating, perhaps the most important thing to always keep in mind is that advice is simply what another person assumes it might be of help to you. The individual giving the advice may not really be aware of your true state of mind and your specific situation; hence it is always wise to take only the advice that is applicable to you as an individual. However, there is some one-size-fit-all type of advice for all men out there. Keep in mind though that you can always adjust whatever you are told to suit your situation. Here is the basic dating guide for men.
– Regardless of the situation that you find yourself in hours before the date, you should never turn up late, unless of course you want to create a bad impression. She will get the impression that you are unreliable and/or that you have stood her up. If it is an unavoidable situation, you might want to call her in advance and explain you will be running late and in how many minutes or hours.
– For once be a gentleman in your life, open the car door for her, hold her hand, pull out the chair for her etc. Women simply like to feel loved and special, simply treat her like a lady and you will do just fine as she will instantly get attracted to you.
– The worst that could happen when you go out on a date is to go there unkempt, looking dirty, and unshaven. You will be horrified if she turned up unkempt. The saying that first impression and appearances matter the most has never been truer.
– Ask leading questions but take the time to genuinely listen to what she has to say when answering the questions, after all the reason why you are on the date in the first place is to get to know the woman better.
– While on a first date, you might want to avoid bringing up adult talk, at least until on the 4th or 5th date. In the long term this will do you good since women are always attracted to men who can hold back and hold on the longest to sex discussions.
– When it comes to the bill, you as the man should offer to pay. There are some women who will insist on paying, why don’t you suggest you split the bill?
– Be prepared for the date both psychologically, physically, and emotionally. Think about what it would be like to get to know more about her. You should also be prepared and have your answers ready for what she may ask you on your date. The last thing you would want is to run out of conversation half way into the date.
These suggestions are not the only things to keep in mind, but probably some of the more important ones. I’m sure you can think of a few others as well, but all of these suggestions will surely help to improve your dating etiquette, and improve your chances for a second date.